Items to bring with you
- sweaters and/or shawls
- sandals or house shoes – optional (useful for bathroom and dorms)
Bring enough comfortable, loose-fitting clothing for the length of your stay, as only minimal hand-washing facilities are available.
Temperature – November to May: ranges from 25ºC (77º F) to 35ºC (95º F), subject to rain, and may be cold at night; June to October – ranges from 15ºC (59º F) to 25ºC (77º F) and can be very cold at night.
All students must observe the rules for modest dress as outlined in the Code of Discipline. Shorts, tank tops, transparent, tight or revealing clothing, etc. are not allowed. Tights or leggings should be worn only under a knee-length top or shirt.
- jacket and/or raincoat
- meditation cushion and/or bench
- mediation shawl or blanket – optional (separate from sleeping blankets)
- small cushions for knees, etc. – optional
A limited supply of cushions is available, but please bring your own if possible. A floor mat will be provided for each student. (Students are asked not to use sleeping pillows or blankets in the meditation hall)
- sleeping pillow (not the same as your meditation cushion)
- bottom sheet
- sleeping bag and/or top sheet and blankets
Toiletries and Personal items:
- soap, shampoo, etc.
- unscented deodorant
- other toiletries (shaving utensils and sanitary supplies, etc.)
→ You should not use products, colognes, perfumes or creams, with strong scents and fragrances.
- toothbrush and toothpaste
- laundry soap for hand-washing – optional
- alarm clock, flashlight and extra batteries.
About the Temperature
November to May: varies from 25º (77º F) to 35º C (95º F), subjected to rainfall and it can be cold at night.
June to October: varies from 15ºC (59º F) to 25º C (77º F) and it can be very cold at night.
PLEASE NOTE: Students are asked not to bring any personal food, reading or writing materials, cell phones, tablets or laptops for use during the course. These should be left in your car. If necessary, they can be stored for you until the end of the course.